Gratitude!!!

 Happy Teachers Day!!!

 I am one born in 1980s, so the kind of frame people from my era used to see teachers in was altogether different , it was someone right next to God and parents (the ones who are image of that God for us, the one's who create and manifest us, our first Teachers...no no it's not going to be a Barjatya melodrama...jus my thoughts according to my conditioned mind, and I really like who I am). I grew up, post-graduated and decided to join the teaching fraternity; my mom being an excellent teacher was my first inspiration. I had teachers to look upto; my love for English language (love though it will take a lifetime to understand an iota of that language) comes from the teachers who taught me in school; they carried the stories inside them and rendered them beautifully...so much so I still can visualize those memories from school. Graduating days was all about learning more outside than inside the classroom; I would like to thank friends and cousins who groomed me during this period Post graduation...ha..ha chose Amity (ASCO) we were the second batch, Avinash Singh sir, Kanwal Jeet Singh sir, Puneeta Mathur mam, Ravneet Gill Singh mam, Kalyan Chatterjee sir...all of them outpouring their thoughts and wisdom...hope am not missing a name!!!. An adventurous journey, I would say!!! I was from Jammu and Kashmir, three years in DU were not as much a hub of Delhi hob-nobs as was ASCO; Preetika Saxena, Ranjani Chandran, Aishwarya Sharma, Priyanka Priya my Ivy League...I have never thanked you enough but your lot was the one who made me feel normal in this elite atmosphere. Neha Sikka was the glamorous yet strong female from our class I admired , for her courage ,strength and attitude. Sujata Chaudhury remember the iron like strength for those Amity Military camp trainings, you rocked!!! Teachers everywhere , in every phase of life...thank you to you all for being a part of my growth!!! Joining Amity as a teacher, I know it was a mixed bag response, my colleagues who were a rock solid support( Kalyan Chatterjee, thank you for all the wisdom and Avinash sir for the iron hand conditioning); thank you to the critics in there , you helped me grow, question my choices, fight for myself, evolve myself...you hold a strong place in my life...your questioning me made me question myself...Thank you!!! Thanks to my life partner Aditya Arya for being the critic and guide at the same time, the feministic zeal, I have inside me he ignites it, no one better than him!!! Thanks to my ever strong parents and in laws (Vijay Kachroo, Usha Arora) !!! My lighthouse in storms they are... Thanks to my children, Wordsworth once said 'Child is the father of mam'...indeed...Patience is a virtue and they teach it to you beautifully!!! Thanks to Anita Dakshina Prashant and Afreen Eksambi...you are my support system!!!Words are not enough darlings!!!! To my students(I feel indebted to call you all so because it's a two way process, I learned more than I taught)...thanks to you all throughout!!! There are so many names,numerous of you who have been my teachers ,can't write all names here, but my feelings today in this write up are from my true self Thank you!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOICES.

Inheritence of Loss

QUESTIONS...